My experience includes working with adolescents for my entire professional career. I counseled students in the school setting for 15 years at both public and private high schools. In 1994 I earned my Master's degree in Guidance and Counseling.
As a college counselor, I am able to see students as individuals, helping them understand options, make good choices and complete the application process successfully. I can help make sense of the many options based on a student's interest, abilities and achievements in and out of class.
My goal is to help students find schools that are the best fit for them, guiding and coaching them through their process.
I devote time and resources visiting college campuses to keep up-to-date about colleges and their admission practices. I attend professional conferences annually including those sponsored by NACAC, HECA & PNACAC.
My professional affiliations include memberships in:
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
(Member Relations Committee Member 2014-2017)
- Higher Education Consultants Association
- Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling
(Membership Chair 2002 - 2005)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Washington
- Washington School Counselor Association